Electron photomicrograph of halloysite nano-tubes
A brief patent search of halloysite shows a variety of application for the material,
This information can be found on the website,
Additional information and full text can be found at
1) US20170054148 COMPOSITES COMPRISING HALLOYSITE TUBES AND METHODS FOR THEIR PREPARATION AND USE
Composite materials that include halloysite tubes, and methods for their preparation and use are disclosed. The composite material includes an amount of halloysite tubes having one or more oxides
2) WO/2017/092572A1 LITHIUM ION BATTERY SEPARATOR MEMBRANE
A lithium ion battery separator membrane (10), comprising a separator membrane substrate (110) having two oppositely provided surfaces, and two halloysite nanotube coating layers (120), the two
3) 7544352 Cosmetic Powder Composition With Improved Moisturization Properties and Process For Making and Using Same. Halloysite can be used to make time release moisturizing cosmetic powder. A cosmetic powder composition is provided for retarding moisture loss from skin to which the powder is applied. The cosmetic powder composition has a moisturizer coated filler powder and a time release moisturizing agent.
4) JP08048613 Powdery Cosmetic. When used in cosmetics, rod shaped halloysite nanotubes improve adhesion and reduce caking.
5) US20070202061 Cosmetic Skincare Applications Employing Mineral-Derived Tubules For Controlled Release. Halloysite nanotubes can be used to create topical skin treatments with extended release properties. Compositions and methods pertaining to the topical treatment of skin are disclosed. This invention relates to topical compositions for regulating the condition of skin, especially for regulating visible and/or tactile discontinuities in skin associated with skin aging, environmental affects and the like.
6) US20030161866 Novel Pharmaceutical Formulation to Limit or Delay Surface Absorption. Halloysite can reduce surface absorption of active ingredients such as insect repellent and sunscreen.
7) US20070292459 Halloysite microtubule processes, structures, and compositions. Halloysite can be filled with two or more active ingredients for for sequential time release applications.
8) 6503495 Cosmetic compositions having improved wear and beauty. Halloysite clay can be used to add several wear benefits to mascara.
9) 6074672 Powdered Cosmetic Compositions Containing Silicone Elastomers. Halloysite can be a major ingredient in skin enhancing cosmetic powders.
10) US20130078293 Hybrid Powder of Halloysite Nanotube and Light-Scattering Nanoparticle, Method for Preparing the Same, and UV-Screening Cosmetic Composition Containing the Same Active Ingredient. Halloysite is effective and safe for use in UV-screening cosmetics.The light-scattering nanoparticles are loaded into the halloysite nanotubes, which can prevent the light-scattering nanoparticles from penetrating the skin, which minimizes side effects, such as redness and irritation.
11) US20090232887 Pharmaceutical Compostion Having Reduced Abuse Potential. The controlled release of active ingredients from halloysite nanotubes increases safety of pharmaceuticals.
12) US20060163160 Halloysite Microtubule Processes, Structures, and Compositions. A processes for the separation and purification of microtubules of halloysite clay.
13) 6006920 Brightness, Reduced Impurity Clays and Methods of Making Same. This method can be used to remove iron impurities in halloysite. Provided is a method of making improved brightness kaolin clay from an aqueous kaolin clay slurry.
14) US20080249221 Polymeric Adhesive Including Nanoparticle Filler. Halloysite improves the performance of adhesive composites. Disclosed is a novel polymeric nanoparticle adhesive composite including a nanoparticle filler and method for the production thereof. More particularly, the disclosure describes the use of nanoparticle fillers, including a novel halloysite nanoparticle filler.
15) 5532212 Composition Comprising a Viscosity Promoter and a Magnesium Compound and Process Using the Composition. Halloysite increases viscosity and impedes formability of clays. A composition useful for viscosifying a water-based fluid is provided which comprises a metal aluminate such as sodium aluminate, or a blend of a viscosity promoter such as sodium aluminate and a...
16) 6750264 Multimodal Polymeric Foam Containing an Absorbent Clay. Halloysite is an absorbant clay and can be dispersed in existing foam polymers.
17) US20080248201 Polymeric Coatings Including Nanoparicle Filler. Halloysite nanotubes are extremely useful as a filler.
Disclosed is a novel polymeric composite coating including a nanoparticle filler, where the filler may be suitable to alter one or more characteristics of the coating.
18) US20070106006 Polymeric Composite Including Nanoparticle Filler. Important novel use of halloysite nanotubes as a filler for nano-composites. Disclosed is a novel polymeric composite including a nanoparticle filler and method for the production thereof. More particularly, the present invention provides a novel halloysite nanoparticle filler.